“Rubanomics” to drive the creation of jobs in rural India, says Madan Padaki, the new Chairman of Head Held High Services
Since 2008, Madan had been involved in Head Held High as a mentor and investor, and was actively supporting Rajesh Bhat and Sunil Savara in this cause of eradicating rural poverty. In order to accelerate and scale the impact, the model of a social enterprise was adopted and starting April 1st, 2013, Madan is taking on a full-time role as the Co-founder & Chairman of Head Held High Services Pvt. Ltd. One of the key stakeholders in this enterprise is the Head Held High Foundation, which is a not-for-profit trust, led by Sunil Savara as the Managing Trustee and supported by other distinguished Trustees & Advisors.
Reiterating his belief for social impact and inclusive growth, Madan said, “With lessons learnt in scaling a nascent concept like assessments at MeritTrac, it is time to take on the next big challenge – in creating employable talent in rural India and generating jobs. I believe that we have a platform in Head Held High where we can make a massive social impact in a sustainable manner. I am very enthused by the support that we have from the Board, our investors, partners and the larger social ecosystem. With a vision to enable the economic participation of two million people from rural India over the next 10 years, I am excited about the possibilities in this new venture!”
Welcoming Madan into this role, Rajesh Bhat, Co-founder & CEO of Magicwand Empowerment Pvt. Ltd said “With Madan’s entrepreneurial energy & experience, I am sure that Rubanomics being championed by him will see the onset of a Ruban revolution. It has been a fascinating journey over the last 6 years for me and I look forward to working with the team to scale up Head Held High!”
Madan & Rajesh also welcomed the new members into the team – with Anand Sudarshan, Former CEO of Manipal Education as a Board Member, Kartik Kilachand, co-founder of World IT/BPO Forum, NYC as an Angel Investor, Board Member and Director – US Operations, Raju Bhatnagar, former VP-BPO of NASSCOM as a Chief Evangelist of the rural BPO platforms. Bimal Balasingham, former Deputy-CEO of Tata AIG and Prof. Balagopal Vissa, Professor of Entrepreneurship at INSEAD Singapore are also associated with the company as active Advisors and angel investors.
Click here to read the complete press release- Head Held High Madan Padaki Media Briefing Note 03 April 2013
- The idea behind H3S' Global Readiness Program
- Interview with Tanil Ramdas Kilachand, President, North Gujarat Education Society
- "Their stories left me positively shocked!": NLSUI student shares his experience at the RubanKishore Graduation Ceremony
- Ruban Journey - Subhash
- Interview with Chaitanya Kalipatnapu, Angel Investor, H3S
- #Ruban Journey - Amar Laxman Shinde
- CLIENT TESTIMONIAL: “For many non-graduate employees, English training offered a break-out opportunity” - K S Ramdas, CEO, Jana Urban Foundation
- #Ruban Journey 5 - Gowramma R
- Interview with Chitra Talwar, Angel Investor, H3S
- First Person: The journey of transformation by Meghraj Mantri